Showing 1 - 23 of 23Terms & conditions
Loan Box 1
Loan Box 19
Loan Box 2
Loan Box 18
Loan Box 20
Loan Box 3a
Loan Box 3b
Loan Box 4
Loan Box 5
Loan Box 6
Loan Box 7
Loan Box 8
Loan Box 12
Loan Box 11
Loan Box 10
Loan Box 9a
Loan Box 9b
Loan Box 16
Loan Box 17
Loan Box 13
Loan Box 14
Loan Box 15
The loan box service has fully resumed. As the museum is now open to the public boxes can be dropped off (between 11.00am & 12.30pm) and collected (between 1pm and 3.30pm) on Saturdays with no need to book a time slot.
Normal terms and conditions for the loan box system apply.
Loan Boxes Terms and Conditions
School membership includes free use of a range of Loan Boxes and Resource Boxes. Loan boxes contain original artefacts as well as replicas, whereas resource boxes only contain replicas.
To borrow museum resources schools first have to join the membership scheme. If you book and collect a resource without being a member you are agreeing to become a member and your school will automatically be invoiced for the annual membership fee.
Loan Box and Recourse pack rules
- Each school may borrow up to TWO loan boxes for one week at a time. If the box is available for a second week (when you come to collect it) we can extend the loan for a further week.
- Schools may not book both loan boxes of the same topic at the same time e.g. Toys (a) and Toys (b) to ensure fair availability to all schools.
- Box loans are from 12:45pm on Saturday to 12:30pm on the Saturday of return. Loan boxes can be picked up on Saturday afternoons after 12:45 and must be returned Saturday morning between 11am -12:30pm.
- Pick up and return outside of these times is by prior arrangement only. Boxes can be collected and returned anytime during our opening hours, but please allow 15 minutes before closing. Please phone or email to arrange this.
- If you have any problems about delivery or collection, please telephone the museum immediately.
- Loan boxes contain original artefacts and replicas, whereas resource boxes only contain replicas.
- Boxes must never be left unattended in a vehicle.
- Boxes are most easily booked online via your school’s login details and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Charge for late return of boxes/packs: £25 Missing item from boxes/packs: £10 per day. Charges for lost or damaged items is based on the value of the object and the cost of repair/replacement.
- While we endeavour to keep the content of loan boxes as depicted on the following pages, we reserve the right to change them.