Showing 1 - 23 of 23Terms & conditions
Loan Box 1
Loan Box 19
Loan Box 2
Loan Box 18
Loan Box 20
Loan Box 3a
Loan Box 3b
Loan Box 4
Loan Box 5
Loan Box 6
Loan Box 7
Loan Box 8
Loan Box 12
Loan Box 11
Loan Box 10
Loan Box 9a
Loan Box 9b
Loan Box 16
Loan Box 17
Loan Box 13
Loan Box 14
Loan Box 15
The loan box service is currently suspended during lockdown, please get in contact if you have concerns.
When possible the normal terms and conditions for the loan box system will resume with the following additional rules.
Loan Boxes Terms and Conditions
School membership includes free use of a range of Loan Boxes and Resource Boxes. Loan boxes contain original artefacts as well as replicas, whereas resource boxes only contain replicas.
To borrow museum resources schools first have to join the membership scheme. If you book and collect a resource without being a member you are agreeing to become a member and your school will automatically be invoiced for the annual membership fee.
When in tier 3 (museums closed, but schools open) members must book a time slot to collect and return your boxes when you book using this link . It is important that you book these time slots because we can not guarantee that there will be staff at the museum at other times whilst we are closed to the public.
- Each school may borrow up to TWO loan boxes for one week at a time. If the box is available for a second week (when you come to collect it) we can extend the loan for a further week.
- Box loans are from 12:45pm on Saturday to 12:30pm on the Saturday of return.
- Loan boxes contain original artefacts and replicas, whereas resource boxes only contain replicas.
- Boxes must never be left unattended in a vehicle.
- Boxes are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Boxes can be collected and returned anytime during our opening hours, but please allow 15 minutes before closing.
- Boxes can be collected and returned outside of opening hours by appointment, please call us to confirm we will be available to see you.
- If you have any problems about delivery or collection please telephone the museum immediately.
- There is a £25 charge for late returns.
- There will be a charge for lost or damaged items based on the value of the object and the cost of repair/replacement.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Loan boxes are currently being quarantined for a week between schools. Therefore we will not be able to extend the borrowing time.
JANUARY 2021 - Please note that loan boxes will not be available to borrow from the start of the Christmas holiday until 30th January. This is due to the museum being closed for painting.