Showing 1 - 23 of 23Terms & conditions
Loan Box 1
Loan Box 19
Loan Box 2
Loan Box 18
Loan Box 20
Loan Box 3a
Loan Box 3b
Loan Box 4
Loan Box 5
Loan Box 6
Loan Box 7
Loan Box 8
Loan Box 12
Loan Box 11
Loan Box 10
Loan Box 9a
Loan Box 9b
Loan Box 16
Loan Box 17
Loan Box 13
Loan Box 14
Loan Box 15
The loan box service will resume on 16th April. As the museum is not open to the public until mid-May we do not have staff on site. Therefore it is necessary for you to both book the loan box itself via this website and book a time slot to pick up and drop off your loan box. This can be be done here
Normal terms and conditions for the loan box system apply (see below) plus those outline in our covid guidelines.
Loan Boxes Terms and Conditions
School membership includes free use of a range of Loan Boxes and Resource Boxes. Loan boxes contain original artefacts as well as replicas, whereas resource boxes only contain replicas.
To borrow museum resources schools first have to join the membership scheme. If you book and collect a resource without being a member you are agreeing to become a member and your school will automatically be invoiced for the annual membership fee.
When in tier 3 (museums closed, but schools open) members must book a time slot to collect and return your boxes when you book using this link . It is important that you book these time slots because we can not guarantee that there will be staff at the museum at other times whilst we are closed to the public.
Loan Box and Recourse pack rules
- Each school may borrow up to TWO loan boxes for one week at a time. If the box is available for a second week (when you come to collect it) we can extend the loan for a further week.
- Schools may not book both loan boxes of the same topic at the same time e.g. Toys (a) and Toys (b) to ensure fair availability to all schools.
- Box loans are from 12:45pm on Saturday to 12:30pm on the Saturday of return. Loan boxes can be picked up on Saturday afternoons after 12:45 and must be returned Saturday morning between 11am -12:30pm.
- Pick up and return outside of these times is by prior arrangement only. Boxes can be collected and returned anytime during our opening hours, but please allow 15 minutes before closing. Please phone or email to arrange this.
- If you have any problems about delivery or collection, please telephone the museum immediately.
- Loan boxes contain original artefacts and replicas, whereas resource boxes only contain replicas.
- Boxes must never be left unattended in a vehicle.
- Boxes are most easily booked online via your school’s login details and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Charge for late return of boxes/packs: £25 Missing item from boxes/packs: £10 per day. Charges for lost or damaged items is based on the value of the object and the cost of repair/replacement.
- While we endeavour to keep the content of loan boxes as depicted on the following pages, we reserve the right to change them.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Loan boxes are currently being quarantined for a week between schools. Therefore we will not be able to extend the borrowing time.