Do you want to get more closely involved with Chertsey Museum and help it expand its activities? Why not join The Friends of Chertsey Museum?
The Friends of Chertsey Museum are a Registered Charity No 1075200 and were founded in 1994. Over the past few years, The Friends have supported many activities and new ventures at the Museum such as the Runnymede Room, Oral History and Reminiscence projects, the archaeological trench on the Abbeyfield, the smart phone App and education work. We have raised funds for additions to the Museum’s collections, notably for the Chertsey Abbey Tiles, and we have been active in organising special events at the Museum’s annual open day for the town’s summer Black Cherry Fair. Our President is Ian Pickford, Freeman of the Worshipful Company of Goldsmiths, who regularly appears on the BBC’s Antiques Roadshow.
The Friends are members of The British Association of Friends of Museums, www.bafm.co.uk and of the British Association for Local History, www.balh.org.uk, keeping in touch with other museum Friends' groups and giving access to a variety of national activities.
Join The Friends TODAY and you can enjoy:
- a regular newsletter which keeps you up to date with what is happening at the Museum
- invitations to previews of new exhibitions
- discounted activities and special events, including children's activities and Young Archaeology Club
- annual trips
- 10% discount on selected purchases in the Museum shop
- opportunities to volunteer at the Museum or help out with fund raising social activities
Current annual subscriptions, renewable on 1st October, are:
Family £10.00 (2 adults and 3 named children under the age of 16)
If you would like to find out more or require a standing order form, please email email@example.com