Sessions for Home-educated Children
The session is based on everyday life in Anglo-Saxon times and involve an object-based talk using original and replica items. It includes
- Whole group dressed in tunics (supplied by the museum)
- Object talk
- Object work
- Make an Anglo-Saxon style brooch
- Anglo-Saxon trail around the Museum,
- Writing name in Runes
- Ink writing with quill
- Playing an Anglo-Saxon childhood game
- Drama (time permitting)
10.00 to 15.00
£7.50 per child
How to book:
- Suitable for 5-12 year olds. All children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child to be booked and paid for in advance - telephone the museum on 01932 565 764.
- Doors open 15 mins before prompt starting time
- There will be 45-60 mins break for lunch for the all-day sessions. Please bring a packed lunch which can be eaten in our education room.
- Space is at a premium in our education room, so please only bring your lunch and drink.