Sessions for Home-educated Children
Viking Day with re-enactor
This session looks at Chertsey Abbey which was founded by a Saxon in 666AD, and was attacked by the Vikings in 871AD. We are very lucky to have in the museum a real Viking sword that was found near to the site of Chertsey Abbey in Thorpe. It includes
- Dressing up in Viking tunics (supplied by the museum)
- Tour of the site of Chertsey Abbey
- Chance to look at the real Viking sword
- Make a Viking Sword
- Viking trail around the museum
- Meet a real Viking (re-enactor) who will discuss his life and his weapons with the help of brave volunteers!
09:45 to 15.00
£17.00 per child
How to book:
- Suitable for 5-12 year olds. All children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child to be booked and paid for in advance - telephone the museum on 01932 565 764.
- Doors open 15 mins before prompt starting time
- There will be 45-60 mins break for lunch for the all-day sessions. Please bring a packed lunch which can be eaten in our education room.
- Space is at a premium in our education room, so please only bring your lunch and drink.